We all love makeup, don’t we? And, who doesn’t know of the Smokey Eye Makeup trend? It has been a rage over the past few years and is still a hot favorite among ladies. In the modern world, women spend hours in front of the mirror, applying makeup to look beautiful. It is true that makeup does enhance our beauty.
We not only spend plenty of time on shopping for cosmetics of our choice but also to find the right product of the right kind. However, the most important part of the face are the eyes. We all want to try one thing or the other with our eyes in order to stand out in the crowd. Sometimes we even stumble upon tons of tutorials which would help beautify our eyes. However, trends keep changing every day. Currently, Smokey Eyes are the ‘in’ thing among women of all age groups.
Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial
Eye makeup is an art and it takes a lot of practice to master it. Fret not, below we have compiled some eye makeup tips and tricks with which you can create perfect smokey eyes within no time:
- First of all, apply a creamy concealer on the eyelid. This will help in creating a smooth canvas for the eye shadow to stick to. You can always use a 3 in 1 foundation which has an in-built concealer.
- The second step is to sweep a pressed powder over the entire eyelid which will, in turn, minimize the eye shadow creasing.
- The third step comprises of using an eye pencil to trace your top lash line from the inner corner to the outer corner. Use the same pencil to do the lower lashes.
- Next, to create a perfect charcoal Smokey eye makeup look, use an eye shadow of a lighter tone. First, sweep it across the entire lid to give it some formation.
- After this, take the medium eye shadow shade and blend it halfway across your eyelid. The best way is to blend the shadow upward and also outward onto the crease of the eyelids.
- Take a blending brush and then stroke the darkest shade which you have originally chosen for the Smokey eye. Do it by stroking it on the outer corner of the eyes and then make it a bit dark to give it an edgy look.
- It is time to highlight the angles and also create some contrast by toning up the eye by a lighter tone of an eye shadow over the brow bone.
- In order to balance out the intensity of the upper lid, take the darkest shade again and swish it up a little just under the eye which is close to your bottom lash line.
- After all the above eight tips are followed promptly, it is time to blend the shades. Use your brush to blend the eye shadows and also buff out harsh lines and decrease the intensity which will bring the shadow into proportion.
- Top it off by using a jet black mascara (such as Better Than Sex Mascara by Too Faced) on your eyelashes to give it an intense and hot look. You can even use an eyelash curler to curl your lashes and give it more detailing.
There are a dozen of ways to do Smokey Eye makeup, however, if done the right way you can totally rock it. Just couple it with a red pout and you can wear it with any dress. Make sure you follow the tips which are mentioned above and practice a little to attain the perfect eye makeup that you are longing for.
So, what are you waiting for? Gather your cosmetics, get down in front of the mirror, start following the steps mentioned above and voila! You will have pitch perfect Smokey eyes in no time!
Let us know in the comments box how it turned out to be.
Featured Image Credits: Heidi Uusitorppa